Saturday, January 9, 2021

Spiritual Electricity



There is a lot of talk these days about becoming the absolute best version of ourselves. This is not an easy task. While it is a pleasurable pursuit and it is the reason we were born, it requires much patience, persistence, and perseverance.

You don’t just happen to stumble upon the best version of yourself. There is no miraculous shortcut. You need to start from the beginning and take a high number of small steps in order to become what you envision.

You must make sure that you’re moving in the right general direction. You probably don’t have the knowledge you need today to know the shortest path to your happiness five years from today. But you probably have some idea about how to move in the right direction and take those steps. 

Since i’ve been writing on Medium, I’ve found that translating my thoughts into written narratives pushes me to think about the ideas in my head at a much deeper level.

For many of us it requires prayer, meditation, incantation and other forms. That’s because we find it far easier to learn to live by our own lights when we access a Higher Source of Power to illuminate the path. 

I have found this to be true in my own journey. Usually I limited the times I requested that the Power be turned on to the occasions when I was appearing in public: speaking at a meeting, giving a listing presentation or holding a business meeting. But then it occured to me that this was like living in a house with electricity but turning on the lights only for a couple of hours every few weeks. 

And I wondered why I was always bumping into obstacles!

So I started to ask for the power to be turned on a daily basis; as a businesswoman, a writer, a daughter and a friend. When I asked, it was turned on. When I didn’t, I stayed in the dark. Well it doesn’t take a master electrician to figure out what’s going on here: someone has to turn on the switch!

I soon learned that asking is the way of activating spiritual electricity. When there is Light we see remarkably well. We see with clarity.

I think the trick is not to try to remake ourselves into something we’re not. Just make the best of what the Higher Source made. 

Begin today by turning it on and be out there with your light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment