Tuesday, August 17, 2021

The Invisible Beautiful Mind


 

How unfortunate it is that we live in an era in which the physical appearance always counts first.

When I think about this, the movie “ A Beautiful Mind” comes to mind. While certainly an entertaining and a highly inspirational movie, it was not about appearances. It was about the life of the American mathematician John Nash, a Nobel Laureate in Economics and Abel Prize winner and his battle with paranoid schizophrenia. Jennifer Connelly, the actress who played Alicia- the wife of Dr. Nash, said she wanted to play the role because it was a story that had value to it. It had mortality to it. It had a heart to it.

They say “don’t judge a book by its cover”. In fact, what we see in front of us with our eyes is not always the truth and even mirrors can be deceptive. It may as well be invisible.

I truly believe that true beauty is about who you are as a HUMAN BEING, your principles, your morals, your character. It is about how you make OTHERS feel about themselves in your presence. And after.

I think people who are humble are beautiful. I think passionate people are beautiful. I love it when their eyes start glowing whenever they start talking about their passion. A person’s energy can either lift you up or bring you down. After being in the presence of a truly beautiful person, you too will be left feeling beautiful.

I firmly believe that Love can transform the way we see other people and ourselves. There’s a tiny nuance that makes me completely go in awe of someone. It’s the way they talk. The way they express themselves, explain a topic or even crack a joke. It’s that uninhibited charm of their expression that makes them so beautiful. I have always felt this. Always been an admirer of how amazing it is to look at people when they’re talking about the things they are passionate about.

A man who holds women in high regard is beautiful to me. I considered my late husband, who always claimed to have “a face for radio”, a most beautiful human being indeed. I still think the most attractive part of a man is his brain — or maybe his heart. The jury is still out on that one.

I once heard a saying that I absolutely love: “What you are never changes, but who you are never stops changing”. I don’t remember where I heard it.

Apart from acts of kindness, I think this must be what makes people fall in love. You know, when you see- really see, and start noticing how incredibly gorgeous the person looks when they talk about something they love. When you notice what makes that person happy and how their face expresses that happiness…that hope for a beautiful tomorrow.

A beautiful mind for me is one that is inquisitive and takes whatever it learns and invents things or ideas to make life easier for others. One who supports the progress of society without the desire for personal gain. It’s a mind that is selfless and treats people with fairness and balance. It’s a mind that is youthful and has not lost the inner child, that can play and enjoy the beauties that Mother Nature has given this earth.

I subscribe to the belief that beauty is important as long as it is not painful to look at you. Past that point, intelligence, far and away, wins out.

Beauty itself is nice, but beauty fades and it’s boring. We may lose our physical beauty after a certain age but our inner beauty will not fade.

Heart Revolution

Join my mission to raise the vibration of humanity to a more loving one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment