Monday, July 26, 2021

How To Live On Solo Security


 

Essentials for living alone in self-sufficiency


Are you living by yourself? Join the club! Over the past decade, the number of adults ages 45 to 64 living alone has grown by over 20 percent. In 2020, worldwide numbers reached 330 million people.

Solo dwellers say they enjoy freedom, independence, and privacy of living alone. However, most of them want to know that friends and/or family are close by.

While independence and self-reliance are skills that are essential for living solo, it’s also important to have good connections with others. Even us introverts need to have people in our lives. Interacting with others keep us engaged and aware in our daily lives.

People with meaningful life connections tend to be active and live healthier lives overall.

We all need a sense of security. When it comes to living solo, I believe there is strength in numbers. It’s important to know that help will be available when we need it. This becomes more important as we get older. As a single woman, I need to consider where and how I live, how I will stay engaged with the world around me, and how I will make sure I have a support system in case of an emergency.

We need to maintain quality of life, create community, take care of our health and still have independence as we get older.

I believe no one wants to be without a support system or rely on others for their financial wellbeing. These issues affect all women, solo or not.

We need to find ways to create a supportive community as we get older. Lucky for us, women are great builders of community. I have become skilled at meeting new people and creating connections over the years. Now it’s time to put those skills to the test.

For me, it has been hiking in groups and book clubs. I found that when I’ve joined groups that are centered on an activity; I surround myself with people who share those interests.

These activities also provide a chance to learn new skills and have social get-togethers on a regular basis.

Social media also makes it easy to find activities and groups.

Another way of creating a sense of community and satisfaction is by volunteering or getting involved in a political campaign. This allows opportunities to meet new people with similar passion and perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment