Sunday, September 19, 2021

How To Become A Non-Conformist

 


Breaking free from the shackles of an average life.


I would love to live an autonomous and fulfilling life. However, sometimes I ask myself the nagging question, “Is this all there is?” According to the experts, this is a clear indication that I’m insulating myself from greatness.

Quite often I hold myself back from achieving this by being unclear about what I want from life. Sometimes I’m afraid of making the necessary changes to my daily existence.

It’s unfortunate that most people don’t know what they want from life. They seem to meander around without a larger life goal. Like a ship without a rudder.

Most sit at a desk for 40 hours a week, for an average of 10 hours of productive work, while getting the largest mortgage they qualify for and spend 30 years paying it off.

Playing it safe holds us back from achieving greatness in our lives.

Making a serious decision about what you want out of life can change your life for the better, catalysing your chances of living a fulfilled life.

When I catch myself wondering if there’s more to life, I need to start to think hard about what it is I want to get out of it.

Taking a leap that will change my life could be very frightening. I’ll have to fight those voices in my head that say “you’re not good enough”. I’ll have to mentally prepare myself as this will increase the odds of successfully conquering my fears.

In order to do this, I can link my achievements with rewards. This usually works as a great motivator for me. I can promise myself a reward for conquering my fear and this should make this difficult process more appealing.

Once I’ve figured out my life goals, I’ll need an army of followers to help me along. For instance, as a writer, I’ll need the support of fans and patrons. To recruit my small army, I’ll need to think carefully about how I can help people get what they want. People will follow me only if my work helps them in some way.

If my work inspires and uplifts people, I’ll be on the right track to recruiting my army.

I’ve realized that having more money doesn’t automatically make me happier. It’s what I do with my money that counts. The key is to stick to my values. No matter how I decide to manage my money, being clear about my values is what counts. This will give me room for everything I’ve always wanted to do.

People often complain that they don’t have enough time to do what they care about in their lives. I think there’s a good chance that we can achieve anything we want. It just takes a little life planning.

Filling our days to the brim with things that we enjoy doing will greatly enrich our lives.

Make a “Life List”

Write down your idealized, perfect day and then make a list — the things you would like to do at some point in your life.

Make a “to-stop-doing list”

Stop spending time on unnecessary distractions and make a list of tasks that bring you down without giving you fulfillment or helping anyone. Try to come up with things that drain your time — tasks that can be removed without any serious repercussions . This will leave you with extra time for projects you actually enjoy.

It’s time to break free of an unfulfilled existence and find out what you really want out of life.

What can you offer the world that no one else can?

No comments:

Post a Comment