Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Healthy Coping for Turbulent Times


 

And just like that, humanity has been asked to do life differently. We’ve been called upon to slow down but that has brought a lot of things to the surface. Using healthy coping mechanisms is imperative now, but what do you do when that isn’t enough? I will share here some ideas that I’ve learned that you can try for yourself.

My first “go to”, in any situation, is my breath. Forcing myself to breathe and just allow myself to be with me is really important. I have been doing a lot of that throughout this time. Breathing keeps my energy centered in me and helps me to remain calm.

One tool is sleep because sleep is a “reset”. It’s life rebooting our computer. When we sleep, our conscious mind goes offline and our subconscious mind can work on things that need to be cleared. In the past, sleep was my magic pill, but right now, with the intensity of the events going on, even sleep isn’t working.

Another tool that I use is movement — exercising, riding bikes and going for walks. Moving the body has benefits in many of areas — it moves our energy and it helps us to move through emotions. Those three things are my “go to”. However, sometimes they aren’t enough and I have to ask myself what I can do to shift my energy.

Another mechanism that I’ve been using for many years now is journaling, in particular the gratitude journal. I’ve have read more than one account of how this has literally saved a person’s life. The process of focusing and writing about the things we are grateful for really shifts our awareness of looking at things we are blessed with.

Personally, I like going outside in the morning and having my coffee. There is something about this simple ritual that brings me such joy. I am grateful for each and every time that I get to experience it.

My invitation to you today is to look at the ways that have been working for you in the past and ask yourself how you can change the processes to match the intensity of the events going on today.

In what ways can you increase your peace of mind and in what ways can you project that into the world?

Heart Revolution

Join my mission to raise the vibration of humanity to a more loving one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment